Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Grilled Steaks/Asperagus


















Truth be told - I always am so excited to sit down and eat that I forget to take a photo beforehand for my food blog. Even though I don't post much here, believe me, I am eating!


My DH wanted to bring me out to eat this summer and I begged off - our son is 3 and, well, enough said. Instead, I went to the butcher and got these really yummy steaks - I think they were rib eyes, but now I can't remember exactly. The display case only had very large steaks, so I asked for some smaller ones and was rewarded with these beauties. Always worth asking, you know? A special steak for a special dinner (in other words, it wasn't cheap, but it was worth it!).

The menu:

Grilled steak - to your liking

Grilled asperagus - put the asperagus in a big ziplog bag early in the day with balsamic vinegar. Grill for about 10 minutes - turning occassionally - and sprinkle parmasean cheese on top just before serving.

Sauteed mushrooms - my DH loves these... I steam sliced onions and mushrooms (put a little water in a frying pan and cover the pan - medium heat or else it will take forever). This takes probably about 10 minutes (guess what - about the same amount of time as the asperagus!). When they are nice and soft I stir in stir fry sauce.

Scalloped potatoes - from a box (shhh)

Green salad

Baked bread

And - I love horseradish sauce for my steak, plus a big slice of herbed butter on top, mmmm! I fed my son before we ate and he had a wonderful time playing while we enjoyed our dinner!

No comments: