Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sour Cream Enchiladas


I got this recipe from http://www.kcquilter.blogspot.com/ and boy is it ever good! Hers is slightly different as I've made my own changes




Mixture 1:


1 pint sour cream


2 cans cream of chicken soup


1/2 can green chilies (she uses 1 1/2 - 2 cans)






Mixture 2:


2 bunches chopped green onions


1 lb grated jack cheese


1 lb grated longhorn cheese




For Mixture 2 I just used a block of cheddar and a block of marble that I had.




Tortillas




Heat maybe 2 TBS of oil in a frying pan and when hot quickly fry both sides of tortillas (8) in the oil. You probably will need to add more oil as you go. Set the tortillas on top of each other as they come out the of pan.




Spray a 9X13 baking dish (I use Pyrex) with cooking spray. Put a thin layer of Mixture #1 in bottom. Fill tortillas with Mixture #2 and roll up. Put in dish on top of Mixture #1. Cover with the remainder of Mixture #1.




Bake at 275 degrees for about 20 minutes.




Now let me just say - I wasn't totally convinced the first time I read this recipe that it would be as yummy as KCQuilter said, but I tried it out and boy is it ever yummy. Makes an especially good left-over - very easy to heat in the microwave!!! Next time around I am going to add some chopped cooked chicken breast!


No comments: