Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Spicy Pork Kabobs






I made these as part of my birthday dinner this year and boy are they ever good! The recipe is called Pinchitos Morunos and I got it from http://www.spain-recipes.com/.






I used small wooden skewers which I soaked for a few hours ahead of time. I also threaded my kabobs with green peppers and onions - with help from DH. As much as I really do like kabobs - they always seem to take forever to thread! These kabobs are equally good cold - as I had a few the next days as a snack straight from the fridge!









1 lb lean pork, cut into small cubes



2 garlic cloves, finely chopped



2 tsp salt



1 tsp curry



1/2 tsp coriander



1 tsp paprika



1/4 tsp thyme



Freshly ground pepper



3 TBS olive oil



1 TBS lemon juice






Thread pork on skewers (with peppers, onions, what-ever you like on your kabobs! Next time I am going to try pineapple and tomatos too).






Mix all the other ingredients in a 9X13 baking dish (I use Pyres). Roll your kabobs around in this mixture and let marinate a few hours - turning every once in awhile.






I cooked mine on the griddle, turning every once in awhile until done, but you could also cook on the grill.






Serves 6.

No comments: