Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Chicken Salad Lunch

















Remember that grilled chicken I had 2 nights ago for dinner? Well, I made the left-overs into this yummy salad this morning. Here is a photo (before I doused it with ranch salad dressing). Anyway, it has been so hot I decided to make a cool lunch early in the day before the heat got to me. It was so nice to just open the fridge at lunch time and have this waiting! I make lots of salads and use what I have on hand - avacado and sliced hard boiled eggs are 2 other favorite things to add to a salad.

Cantelope - I ALWAYS cut it as soon as I bring it home from the store. I cube most of it and then slice a few garnish pieces for my own meals. I cube for my 3 year old son who just loves it! And, if it is all cubed and sliced - I use it! Otherwise it is destined for the trash bin because - I don't use it.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Oh, this chicken salad plate looks soooo summery!
Jeanne