Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A new blog...

Just what I need - a new blog! You can check my on-going blog over at www.scrappyhappystarfishy.blogspot.com - which is geared more toward quilting.

But, a good portion of my day is consumed by food and cooking, thinking about my grocery shopping list, eating and feeding a toddler. Years ago, my first attempts at cooking were pretty dismal, but then again, that was in the day before cooking magazines for "real" people hit the stands. I have stories about some of my earlier cooking adventures and will share some of those here as I go along.

I've decided to start this blog as a record of some of my favorite recipes and time saving tips. At least it will keep all this information in one handy spot for my own personal reference and I hope that readers will be encouraged to try to fix some fast and healthy (and delicious) dinners!

Before having a baby we would often go out to eat. And, even though I was often disappointed with the food, or it was too much money, or the restaurant too noisy, or the service too slow, or our waitress was too rude... or, or, or - we still kept going out to eat. And, then along came our Little Boy (who just turned 3). Going out to eat with a newborn was still pretty easy, but once he learned how to walk and started being mobile, well, then it became more difficult. Don't get me wrong - I have a perfect little angel (well, most of the time anyway), but he is so much happier at home than in a restaurant.

My husband is a wonderful cook - really he is, and he does do so much cooking! But, he also likes to make pretty much the same thing over and over again. If I want different food, it is up to me to start experimenting in the kitchen.

So, come along with me on a cooking adventure. I will just post as I go along and I hope you enjoy my cooking style!

No comments: