Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Pork Chops

















Thin boneless pork chops always make a nice, jiffy meal! Let's see - start the rice 1st - it takes 20 minutes (a mushroom flavored mix). Then, set the pan to boil for the corn. Pre-heat the grill for 5 minutes. Put your corn in to cook (I cook mine for about 8 minutes) and grill your pork chop for a little less time. Rice should be done now. Ta-da - Dinner!

When I put the porkchop on the grill I like to put terraki sauce on it. Mmmm. Oh sure, it is nice to read all these recipes with home-made sauces and marinades, but let's be realistic here... chances are I am missing 1/2 the ingredients, don't have time to "make" a recipe, might buy the ingredients - but then loose the recipes... Ummm - my fridge is full of all kinds of wonderful sauces, glazes, marinades, etc. They come in all kinds of different flavors and take all of 2 seconds to put on your cooking food. Low stress cooking at its finest - and it tastes good too!



















An added bonus - my son's dinner is done at the same time too. I boiled his hot dog in the same pan as the corn. One less pan to clean, right? He loves corn on the cob - I think he ate every single kernal of corn off his cob!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

What pretty corn!
Jeanne

Darcie said...

Oh! I can smell the corn. Yum!

Your son's love of corn reminds me of my Trent. We have a pic of him from oh-so long ago...falling asleep while eating his corn on the cob. Adorable! But I'm his very un-biased Mom! ;-) LOL