Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sausage dinner

















I suppose if you see the fish plate - I am eating alone. Just because you are eating alone doesn't mean that you shouldn't take the time to fix yourself a nice meal. This one only took 15 minutes - start to finish!

1. Preheat my grill. While that is pre-heating, chop my green beans, green pepper and onion. My plate would have had a bit more color if I had used my orange pepper instead, but the green one is older, so I want to use it up!

2. Slice the sausage open (mine were honey/garlic), brush the cut side with brown sugar bar-b-que sauce and put it on the grill. At the same time, put the onion and green pepper in the frying pan, in some butter (I cook with lots of butter) and put the cover on it - medium-low heat.

3. After about 2 minutes, stir the veggies, add more butter if needed and add the chopped green beans. Put the cover back on and keep cooking for about another 7 minutes - less if you like your green beans super crispy, but I like mine cooked a bit. That means your veggies have been cooking for about 9 minutes, so your sausage should be done too.

4. Left over noodles from last night - while the other stuff is cooking I mixed in a little milk and butter and put this in the microwave (with a cover) for about 2 minutes.

Everything is done! I spoon the extra butter from the frying pan over my veggies. Also, I have a little grill where the cover closes on top of the food (so the food has grill contact on top and bottom), so I don't need to turn my food. I made a double batch of veggies so I will have those left-over to start my meal with for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks delicious. I'm experimenting on Don tomorrow. Thanks!
Melanie

Jeanne said...

Yum! We're doing carryout, but I can just about smell that sausage of yours!
Jeanne :)