Thursday, July 20, 2006

Tuna tips for hot weather


















Tuna sandwich for lunch today... and my big tuna tip for hot weather is to keep a few cans of tuna in the fridge. Usually when you make up tuna you want to eat it right away - so if you keep it in the fridge it is already nice and chilled.

I usually don't have time to chop a bunch of stuff for my tuna - so here is what I do - I use 2 heaping teaspoons of mayo and 1 heaping teaspoon of relish. Toast my bread and spread it with dijon mustard mixed with mayo. Add a slice of American cheese.

And, I am not a huge fan of potatoe chips, but I do like tostido chips with salsa. Last, but not least, I love a dill pickle spear on the side!

3 comments:

Darcie said...

Great tip, Evelyn! Thanks! I could do that with the canned chicken that I like to keep on hands as well, I suppose.

Your stir fry looks and sounds wonderful. We too LOVE stir fry here in our home. That serving dish of yours is great too!

Granny said...

I'd have never have thought of that and yes, I like my tuna cold. Thanks!

Judy L.

Granny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.